Naomi K Cavin
- 2008, Louisiana
- 2013, Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2001
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., 2008, with honors
- (210) 271-1701 office
- (210) 271-1740 facsimile
- Bio PDF
Naomi started her practice representing clients in complex real estate transactions in New Orleans, Louisiana with Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann. In 2011, after several years in Louisiana, Naomi moved back home to Texas to join the firm of Golden Steves & Gordon LLP, where her practice continued to focus on real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and development for retail, multi-family and industrial projects. Prior to joining Hornberger, Fuller and Garza in 2019, Naomi was in-house counsel to a multi-national retailer for several years, where she provided risk analysis and creative solutions focused on the acquisition and leasing of additional retail locations, operational matters and other growth-focused transactions.
Details of Practice
For more than 10 years, Naomi’s practice has been focused on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and development for local, regional, national and international, publicly traded and privately held clients. Naomi has extensive experience advocating for her clients and seeking creative solutions to allow clients to focus on their business.
- Represented developer in complex development transaction involving public and private financing, named a Wall Street Journal “Deal of the Year”.
- Represented a privately held supermarket chain in the acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of grocery stores and retail developments.
- Represented real estate investment arm of a national insurance company in the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of several 1,000,000+ sq.ft. industrial buildings throughout the United States.
- Represented regional multi-family developer in acquisition, development of leasing of properties in Texas.
- Represented an international publicly traded retailer, as in-house counsel, in transactions throughout the United States, including asset purchases, leasing and dispositions, expanding the size of the retailer’s footprint in the United States.
- Represented clients in the review and negotiation of various vendor contracts.
Author, “Granting Easements: You May Be Giving Away More Than You Think” ABA Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law, eReport April 2010.