Mr. Sheehan is a shareholder in the firm and represents companies, partnerships, and individuals in business, commercial real estate, and securities transactions. Mr. Sheehan has experience facilitating stock and asset acquisitions and sales of all sizes as well as corporate finance and venture capital investment matters, and he represents developers and equity investors in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing, and sale of commercial properties throughout Texas as well as farm and ranch transactions. Mr. Sheehan also has extensive experience facilitating private placement offerings in various business
Mr. Sheehan received his B.A. from Baylor University and his J.D., summa cum laude, from St. Mary’s University School of Law, where he was associate editor of the St. Mary Law Journal.
- Mergers and Business Acquisitions and Sales
- Partnership and Limited Liability Company Matters (formation, drafting of partnership and company agreements, net profits interests, interest transfers, etc.)
- Corporate Matters (formation, drafting of governance documents, shareholders agreements, stock purchases, etc.)
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions (purchases and sales of real property (raw land, occupied office,
mixed use, retail), easements, lending instruments, leases)
- Private Placement Offerings of Debt or Equity Securities
- Farm and Ranch Real Estate Transactions
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Current Member of the Board of Directors of SA2020
- Board Member and current Vice President of the San Antonio Bar Association
- Scene in SA Magazine, Best Lawyers in San Antonio (5 to 15 years): 2017-2019 in three categories: Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate Transactions, and Business & Corporate
- Scene in SA Magazine, Best Lawyers in San Antonio (5 to 15 years): 2015 Business & Corporate Practice
- Member, San Antonio Bar Foundation Fellows Program
- 2017-2019 Super Lawyers Rising Star: Business/Corporate Practice
- 2015 Distinguished Young Alumnus of St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Board Member of the San Antonio Bar Association
- Immediate Past President (2013), Former President (2012), President-Elect (2011), Vice-President, Secretary and member of the Board of Directors of the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Current member of the Board of Directors of the Leadership Organization of Professionals
- Committee Member: Corporate Governance Committee of the American Bar Association Business Law Section
- Committee Member: Subcommittee on Securities Law of the American Bar Association Business Law Section
- Member of the Board of Directors, Young Texans Against Cancer, 2008-2011
- Leadership Development Program, Real Estate Council of San Antonio: Selected for and participated in
LeadershipDevelopment Program, Real Estate Council of San Antonio
- John M. Harlan Society: For high attainments in the study of law, St. Mary’s University School of Law Honors Society, 2006
- Order of the Barristers: Nationally recognized for excellence and attainment of high honor in courtroom advocacy, 2006
Six shareholders were named to the 2019 Top Attorneys in San Antonio published in the October, 2019 issue of San Antonio Magazine. These attorneys were selected through polling San Antonio-area attorneys who nominated their peers who exemplify excellence and whom they...
Shareholder, Ty Hunter Sheehan, has been elected to serve as Vice President of the San Antonio Bar Association (SABA) for the 2019 - 2020 term. The SABA was established in 1898 and is San Antonio's largest organization of attorneys and judges. Mr. Sheehan represents...
Firm shareholder Ty Hunter Sheehan was a speaker at the 41st Annual State Bar of Texas Real Estate Law seminar held in San Antonio July 11-13, 2019. Ty spoke on the topic “Conveyances – Recent Developments” and provided the attendees with an overview of a recent...
Ty Hunter Sheenan has been appointed by Governor Abbot to the Texas Optometry Board. The Board is a State Agency, the mission of which is to promote, preserve, and protect the health, safety and welfare needs of the people of Texas by fostering the providing of...
Ty Hunter Sheehan was selected by Super Lawyers magazine as a 2018 Rising Star. He was nominated for his excellence in the area of Business and Corporate law. This is Mr. Sheehan's second consecutive year to be named a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star.Each candidate is...
Ty Hunter Sheehan, an HF&G Shareholder, has been selected by the San Antonio Business Journal for one of San Antonio's 40 Under 40 Awards.According to their website, "the San Antonio Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 awards are presented to young professionals under...
Ty Hunter Sheehan, an HFG shareholder, was named as a member of the SA2020 Board of Directors. He joins other noted community leaders dedicated to the purpose and mission of the organization.SA2020 is a non-profit entity assembled to turn the SA2020 Vision into a...
Super Lawyers magazine, in its 2017 Annual List of Top Young Attorneys, declared Hornberger Fuller & Garza attorney, Ty Hunter Sheehan, as a Texas 2017 Rising Star. According to the publication, the Rising Stars list "recognizes attorneys who have been practicing...
The San Antonio Bar Foundation announced that Hornberger, Fuller & Garza attorney, Ty Sheehan, was recently elected to their Fellows Program. SABF Fellows "serve as patrons of the charitable heart of the legal community." Mr. Sheehan and other members of the Class...
On Tuesday, August 19, Ty Hunter Sheehan, Shareholder with HFG, presented to the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association during their August luncheon. He spoke about "Negotiating Representations and Warranties When Buying or Selling a Business (or real property)."A copy...