Unfortunately, disputes in life and business are inevitable and often the only way to resolve these disputes is through lawsuits brought in court or arbitration. Hornberger Fuller Garza & Cohen Incorporated litigation attorneys have the depth of experience to handle most any type of civil lawsuit – from straightforward disputes to the most complex. Our litigation attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and training to deal with all kinds of adversaries and trial tactics used by our opponents.
Client communication is the key to a good outcome for our clients. Through consistent communication, we learn our client’s goals and objectives and by utilizing our extensive experience, we help devise strategies to best achieve those objectives.
Types of Cases
While we handle many types of civil lawsuits for clients, we have substantial experience in the practice areas of trusts, estates, and probate litigation, oil and gas disputes, business and partnership disputes, real estate cases, personal injury, and telecommunications related litigation.
More specifically, we have extensive experience successfully representing clients who are involved in the following types of matters:
- Business torts, including breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and trade secrets.
- Business and partnership disputes, including shareholder disputes, breaches of non-compete agreements, minority oppression, partnership disputes, contracts and fraud.
- Oil and Gas litigation, including disputes regarding contracts, title issues, trade secrets, and fraud.
- Real estate litigation, including contract and title disputes, lease disputes, fraud, and negligence.
- Trusts and Estate litigation, including will and trust contests, breach of fiduciary disputes, and contested guardianship matters.
- Personal injury suits representing injured plaintiffs and families.
Special Fee Arrangements
In some cases, we will consider litigation work under an alternative fee arrangement, which may include a contingency fee agreement. Typically, under such an agreement, in commercial or business disputes, the client will pay for litigation out-of-pocket expenses. Our fees for legal services, however, will be based upon a percentage of the client’s recovery, if obtained.
We also consider representation in personal injury cases where we typically advance expenses on the client’s behalf while the case is ongoing.
Depending upon the type of dispute, we consider alternative fee arrangements, including contingent fee agreements for will and trust contests, oil and gas related disputes, breach of fiduciary duty disputes, shareholder disputes, business and employment disputes, personal injury, breach of contract cases, and several other types of business and personal litigation.
Please contact one of our litigation attorneys for more information.