Mr. Cohen is a shareholder of Hornberger Fuller & Garza Incorporated. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Cohen served as a partner at Golden Steves Cohen & Gordon LLP. Previously, Mr. Cohen was a partner in the real estate department of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP in the San Antonio office. Mr. Cohen began his career as an associate in the Chicago office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP.
Mr. Cohen concentrates his practice on the representation of commercial real estate developers. He routinely represents investors in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing, ownership and disposition of commercial properties, including hotels and resorts, multi-family projects and industrial, office and mixed-use developments. He also advises owners and developers with respect to entity formation issues and entity document negotiation.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented developer in multiple industrial build-to-suit lease developments in multiple states.
- Represented developers of hotels in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.
- Represented developers of multiple grocery anchored shopping centers.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, financing, construction, leasing and ultimate sale of a $100 million+ multi-property office and industrial portfolio.
- Represented developers and owners of 35+ multi-family apartment complexes in connection with acquisition, partnership formation and negotiation, financing, construction and sale.
- Represented a national hotel company in a series of dispositions of its hotel portfolio, including the sale of a total of 35 hotels located over 14 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Represented institutional real estate fund in investment program with national retail developer to acquire, lease, develop and sell retail properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a pension fund advisor in the acquisition, ownership, leasing and disposition of several large office projects.
Real Estate Council of San Antonio
San Antonio Bar Association
State Bar of Texas — Real Estate, Probate and Tax Section
Texas Bar Foundation
J.D., Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, University of Michigan, 1994
B.A., Economics and International Relations double major, Magna Cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
- (210) 271-1715 office
- (210) 271-1740 facsimile