- 1994, Texas
- J.D., Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, University of Michigan, 1994
- B.A., Economics and International Relations double major, Magna Cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
Mr. Cohen is a shareholder of Hornberger Fuller & Garza Incorporated. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Cohen served as a partner at Golden Steves Cohen & Gordon LLP. Previously, Mr. Cohen was a partner in the real estate department of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP in the San Antonio office. Mr. Cohen began his career as an associate in the Chicago office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP.
Mr. Cohen concentrates his practice on the representation of commercial real estate developers. He routinely represents investors in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing, ownership and disposition of commercial properties, including hotels and resorts, multi-family projects and industrial, office and mixed-use developments. He also advises owners and developers with respect to entity formation issues and entity document negotiation.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented developers in multiple industrial build-to-suit lease developments in multiple states.
- Represented developers of hotels in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.
- Represented developers of multiple grocery anchored shopping centers.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, financing, construction, leasing and ultimate sale of a $100 million+ multi-property office and industrial portfolio.
- Represented developers and owners of 35+ multi-family apartment complexes in connection with acquisition, partnership formation and negotiation, financing, construction and sale.
- Represented a national hotel company in a series of dispositions of its hotel portfolio, including the sale of a total of 35 hotels located over 14 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Represented institutional real estate fund in investment program with national retail developer to acquire, lease, develop and sell retail properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a pension fund advisor in the acquisition, ownership, leasing and disposition of several large office projects.
Real Estate Council of San Antonio
San Antonio Bar Association
State Bar of Texas — Real Estate, Probate and Tax Section
Texas Bar Foundation
The San Antonio law firm Hornberger Fuller & Garza Incorporated is pleased to announce its new name – Hornberger Fuller Garza & Cohen Incorporated. Andy Cohen joined the firm in 2017 as a shareholder. The firm has added Mr. Cohen’s name to the firm name in...
Six shareholders were named to the 2019 Top Attorneys in San Antonio published in the October, 2019 issue of San Antonio Magazine. These attorneys were selected through polling San Antonio-area attorneys who nominated their peers who exemplify excellence and whom they...
Five shareholders were recently named to the Best Lawyers in Texas. Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Its methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional...
The 2018 Texas issue of Best Lawyers includes four attorneys from Hornberger Fuller & Garza Incorporated. For over thirty years, Best Lawyers lists have been compiled by conducting peer-review surveys in which leading lawyers evaluate their professional peers....
Andy Cohen, an HF&G shareholder, recently served as a select member of the Conference Faculty for the 2017 Bernard O. Dow Leasing Institute, a program of the University of Texas School of Law Continuing Legal Education. Mr. Cohen presented Utilizing Letters of...
Attorney Andy Cohen has joined the San Antonio law firm of Hornberger Fuller & Garza, Incorporated as a shareholder. A top San Antonio real estate attorney, as selected by Scene in SA Magazine, Mr. Cohen will join the firm’s transactions and real estate practice...