W. Thomas Weir, of Counsel
Mr. Weir’s practice is devoted to the representation of high net worth individuals in connection with their income tax planning and estate planning as well as the representation of businesses in their tax structure, mergers, acquisitions and restructurings including insolvency reorganizations. Mr. Weir is the former head of the world wide tax practice of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP as well as a former member of that firm’s management committee and budget and finance committee.
- Federal income tax
- Oil and gas tax
- Partnership and corporate tax
- International tax
- Taxation of mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations
- Estate planning including foreign trusts
Awards and Recognition
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for more than 35 years while practicing in San Antonio, New York and Houston
- Listed as a Super Lawyer while practicing in San Antonio, New York and Houston
- In 1999, Mr. Weir was chosen as one of the six best tax advisors in the US South by the International Tax Review
- In 2016, he was recognized for Lifetime Achievement by the Texas Lawyer and recognized as an Energy and Environmental Trailblazer by the National Law Journal for his work on complex oil and gas mergers and reorganizations
- Listed in Chambers USA
Hornberger Fuller Garza & Cohen Incorporated announced today the association of W. Thomas Weir as Of Counsel with the firm. Weir will be part of the firm’s Trusts & Estates and Business & Partnershipssections. Weir comes to HFG&C to devote his...